Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama

Or the actual title: The Audacity of Hope--Reclaiming the American Dream by Barack Obama.

I bought this book the same time I bought the cake book and I'M STILL READING IT! I had to take a break because it was a little heavy for the end of the school year. So I read some Sue Grafton and Harry Potter to ease my mental faculties. And I'll plunge right back in this week.

Don't get the wrong idea. It's not a bad book. He's a very good writer; it's just intense and he's all over the place. If you read his first book, Dreams of My Father, and are expecting something like that, then you will be disappointed. This is more of a treatise on what's wrong with our country and our attitudes and how we can become more enthusiastic and hopeful about our future.

So, I'll get back to the book and report back soonish.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I haven't read either of his books so I'll be interested to see what you think about this one.